Pedestrian killed crossing HWY 99 in Tulare County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The incident happened along Highway 99 near Merritt Drive in the Traver area.
Officers say a driver heading south was not able to avoid the 30-year-old victim as he walked across the highway.
The pedestrian died at the scene, and the driver was not hurt. The accident shut down the slow lane for about three hours.
traver, tulare county, accident, local
- Mega Millions jackpot raises to $425 million 9 min ago
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno