Pedestrian killed crossing HWY 99 in Tulare County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The incident happened along Highway 99 near Merritt Drive in the Traver area.
Officers say a driver heading south was not able to avoid the 30-year-old victim as he walked across the highway.
The pedestrian died at the scene, and the driver was not hurt. The accident shut down the slow lane for about three hours.
traver, tulare county, accident, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane 9 min ago
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk 49 min ago
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Applications for US jobless aid dip to 3-month low
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase