Merced pedestrian hit by multiple cars
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol said a 54-year-old man killed after he was hit by several cars early Sunday morning in Merced.
The incident happened just after 5 a.m. Sunday on Highway 59, north of Mission Avenue, the CHP said a Honda Civic was driving south on Highway 59, when the driver said he saw a man walking on the road. Investigators said the driver of the Honda swerved to miss him, but was unable to avoid him.
The CHP said when the Honda Civic hit the man, he was thrown into the northbound lane and was hit by several more vehicles. Investigators said some of those vehicles did not stop at the scene.
The driver of the Honda Civic, 42-year-old Timoteo Rios of Merced, and the passenger had minor injuries. Investigators do not believe that drugs or alcohol were a factor in the accident -- but the incident is still under investigation.
merced, merced county, accident, local
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California 10 min ago
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Accuweather Forecast
16 min ago