Merced pedestrian hit by multiple cars
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol said a 54-year-old man killed after he was hit by several cars early Sunday morning in Merced.
The incident happened just after 5 a.m. Sunday on Highway 59, north of Mission Avenue, the CHP said a Honda Civic was driving south on Highway 59, when the driver said he saw a man walking on the road. Investigators said the driver of the Honda swerved to miss him, but was unable to avoid him.
The CHP said when the Honda Civic hit the man, he was thrown into the northbound lane and was hit by several more vehicles. Investigators said some of those vehicles did not stop at the scene.
The driver of the Honda Civic, 42-year-old Timoteo Rios of Merced, and the passenger had minor injuries. Investigators do not believe that drugs or alcohol were a factor in the accident -- but the incident is still under investigation.
merced, merced county, accident, local
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident