Surveillance video: Shooting at Fresno's Fashion Fair Mall
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Surveillance video at Fresno's Fashion Fair Mall captures the intense moments during a shooting Saturday morning.
The video shows shoppers hiding and several people running. It also shows the shooter dashing and firing a gun.
Fashion Fair cameras caught the action Saturday around 11:20 in the morning. In the video, watch how the shooter rushes up and fires a gun several times. One bullet shattered a second story window at Forever 21.
The gunfire sent several people running, including those who police say were involved in a confrontation moments earlier.
The video shows two shoppers, hunkered down behind a car.
Don Gross with the Fresno Police Department said, "Two groups of black male adults got into a disturbance. After that disturbance ended, one group walked towards First Street and the other group walked northbound in the parking lot. At the time the first group reached First Street the suspect turned back, fired two to three rounds."
The bullets sent everyone in the parking lot running. Officers say cameras show the young men involved all scattered. Right away, police say five people in the parking lot called 9-1-1.
Investigators say even though mall security showed up shortly after the shooting, the only people left were stunned shoppers or people who said they didn't see much.
"No one that we've interviewed so far saw the entire thing develop. So we're getting little bits and pieces. That's why we're asking for the public's help."
Luckily, no one was hit. But police say they need your help to track down the suspects who put everyone in danger when they fired in the mall parking lot.
This is the second shooting at a Fresno mall within the past two months. In March, police say an innocent woman was hit and is paralyzed after she was shot inside Manchester Center as she waited for her son to get a haircut.
As for Saturday's shooting, representatives at Fashion Fair Mall declined to comment.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno, fresno county, local, sontaya rose
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence