Grass fire contained in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Cal Fire crews have now contained a 15 acre grass fire that started burning just west of Prather.
Crews got a call shortly after 3pm about flames in the Fresno County foothills off Dry Pond Road and White Thorne Road. They say it sparked from downed power lines. Firefighters had to deal with steep terrain and rocky hillsides.
Initially, three homes were threatened but crews were able to save the homes and are crediting the owners because they did a good job clearing the "defensible space" around their homes, as it prevented the flames from spreading to property.
Crews will be on scene monitoring the area for hot spots throughout the evening.
brush fire, fire, widlfire, clovis, fresno county, fresno, local, stephanie stone
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch