Neighbors help save Madera home from fire
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several people grabbed shovels and hoses and tried to put out the flames on Central Avenue near G Street. Firefighters arrived several minutes later.
They say the fire started in the Fresno River and burned through an empty lot filled with dry brush. The flames destroyed one neighbor's fence, but did not reach the home.
Fire officials said this damage could have been prevented if people in the area had proper clearance. They also said the flames moved quickly because of windy conditions.
madera, madera county, fire, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos