Fresno men arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four men fired at Fresno police officers Wednesday afternoon near Ventura and Fourth Streets. Officers then exchanged gunfire with the suspects before taking them all into custody.
No one was injured during the incident. The Fresno Police Department says the officers were in plain clothes and part of the violent crime team that happened to be in the area. The officers saw several men walking down the street in gang clothing and one of them had a gun. One of the men just started firing shots at the officers.
Police closed off streets in the area while conducting an investigation into the incident.
crimetracker, officer involved shooting, fresno police department, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County 38 min ago
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated 26 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced...
22 min ago