Fresno County home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Reno have arrested a man they believe was involved in a home invasion in Fresno County last weekend.
Police say Kristopher Rupe was initially arrested, then somehow escaped from the police car and took off. He was later found hiding, in the restroom of a restaurant.
On Saturday, police say Rupe and his friend, Aaron Baeza, forced their way into a home in Firebaugh. The homeowner told Action News, the suspects forced their way in, and tied up the homeowner and his girlfriend.
At some point during the robbery, the homeowner was able to free himself and use a samurai sword and kill Rupe's friend.
crimetracker, home invasion, firebaugh, fresno county, local
- AMBER ALERT: 12-year-old boy abducted in Long Beach 4 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery