Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis Police have taken a man into custoy after a standoff near Shaw and De Wolf.
A woman called Clovis Police from another location around 1:15 Friday morning to report a domestic violence incident. Police said the suspect then left that location and went to the Hampton Renaissances development where he lives.
"There is a concern that he may have a firearm, and that's why we have as many personnel out here as we do right now," said Clovis Police Department Spokesperson Janet Stoll-Lee during the standoff.
The neighborhood was blocked off and residents were being told to take shelter inside.
The suspect walked out of the home and surrendered peacefully around 11:30 a.m. Friday.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for more on this story.
clovis, tulare county, standoff, local, linda mumma
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 38 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident