Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say the main suspect is 21-year-old Anthony Carrera. He's a known gang member with an extensive violent criminal history.
Police say they had just arrested Carrera on a parole violation last Friday. He was released the next day. Then Wednesday, they say he shot a gun multiple times at two plain clothes police officers in the area of Third and Ventura Avenue. Officers also returned fire -- but no one was injured.
Carrera was later arrested in the front yard of a nearby home. Three other men believed to be affiliated with a gang were also arrested.
fresno, fresno county, officer involved shooting, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt 34 min ago
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks