Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say the main suspect is 21-year-old Anthony Carrera. He's a known gang member with an extensive violent criminal history.
Police say they had just arrested Carrera on a parole violation last Friday. He was released the next day. Then Wednesday, they say he shot a gun multiple times at two plain clothes police officers in the area of Third and Ventura Avenue. Officers also returned fire -- but no one was injured.
Carrera was later arrested in the front yard of a nearby home. Three other men believed to be affiliated with a gang were also arrested.
fresno, fresno county, officer involved shooting, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos