Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say the main suspect is 21-year-old Anthony Carrera. He's a known gang member with an extensive violent criminal history.
Police say they had just arrested Carrera on a parole violation last Friday. He was released the next day. Then Wednesday, they say he shot a gun multiple times at two plain clothes police officers in the area of Third and Ventura Avenue. Officers also returned fire -- but no one was injured.
Carrera was later arrested in the front yard of a nearby home. Three other men believed to be affiliated with a gang were also arrested.
fresno, fresno county, officer involved shooting, local
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry 14 min ago
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno 34 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Fresno man 9 min ago
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Freeze takes toll on Valley?s $1.5 billion...
38 min ago