Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bicyclist is dead after an accident Thursday afternoon involving a big rig.
The California Highway Patrol said the cyclist was hit as he was riding along Avenue 12 near Road 25.
A big rig hauling a trailer full of milk was driving up behind the cyclist when the cyclist swerved for unknown reasons and rode directly into the path of the big rig.
The driver of the truck swerved to try to avoid him, but the cyclist was hit by the trailer and died at the scene.
There's no word yet on the victim's identity. Authorities said he was in his thirties.
madera, madera county, local
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Accuweather Forecast
45 min ago