Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bicyclist is dead after an accident Thursday afternoon involving a big rig.
The California Highway Patrol said the cyclist was hit as he was riding along Avenue 12 near Road 25.
A big rig hauling a trailer full of milk was driving up behind the cyclist when the cyclist swerved for unknown reasons and rode directly into the path of the big rig.
The driver of the truck swerved to try to avoid him, but the cyclist was hit by the trailer and died at the scene.
There's no word yet on the victim's identity. Authorities said he was in his thirties.
madera, madera county, local
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon 28 min ago
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home