Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A bicyclist is dead after an accident Thursday afternoon involving a big rig.
The California Highway Patrol said the cyclist was hit as he was riding along Avenue 12 near Road 25.
A big rig hauling a trailer full of milk was driving up behind the cyclist when the cyclist swerved for unknown reasons and rode directly into the path of the big rig.
The driver of the truck swerved to try to avoid him, but the cyclist was hit by the trailer and died at the scene.
There's no word yet on the victim's identity. Authorities said he was in his thirties.
madera, madera county, local
- Deadly shooting investigation in Southwest Fresno 27 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals