New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Sequoia Medical Center will be built on the corner of Cypress and Akers in Visalia.
Officials broke ground on the $10-million urgent care and medical office building on Thursday. The 52,000 square foot facility will house orthopedic and vascular doctors' offices, plus physical therapy.
Kaweah Delta Medical Center will also open up a new urgent care facility in the building. The developer says the project is conveniently located near other hospitals, which is perfect for doctors looking to be close to their patients.
"The building is 85 percent leased or sold at this point, so in the middle of the roughest economic times, especially for real estate, we've put together a pretty exciting project," said Paul Quiring, developer.
Construction on the project will officially start in July with an expected opening in late 2014.
visalia, tulare county, local
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Accuweather Forecast
36 min ago
- Fire Safety