Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno police officers were called to the Family Express Food store and gas station, located at Fresno and B Street for a victim of a shooting. After arriving, officers located the victim, 21 year old Fresno resident Aaron Foster in the parking lot suffering from a gunshot wound.
Foster was transported to Community Regional Medical Center where he died of his injuries. Another adult male that was standing in the parking lot, not associated with Foster, was also struck by gunfire. This victim was treated at CRMC for a non-life threatening gunshot wound and released.
The suspect remains unidentified and the motive for the shooting is still under investigation. It is not known at this time if this shooting is gang motivated.
If anyone has information regarding the murder of Aaron Foster, they are asked to call Fresno Police Department Homicide Detectives Leo Martinez at (559) 621-2441 or Jennifer Federico at (559) 621-2449.
This is the 17th murder this year. This time last year, the city had 21 murders.
crimetracker, shooting, murder, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos