Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A motorcycle officer is recovering after a dramatic crash in Northeast Fresno. The accident happened around 6:30 Saturday evening at Shaw and 6th.
Police say the motorcycle officer was eastbound on Shaw when he hit the back of a Saturn. Witnesses say the officer then flew over the top of the car, and landed on the ground. The officer got up on his own after the accident.
Lt. Joe Gomez with the Fresno Police Department said, "He had a lot of abrasions on his face. I was here when he got in the ambulance. A lot of abrasions on his body - it does not appear - he's at CRMC right now - it doesn't appear he has any broken bones but of course that's pending any x-rays that they have to do."
Police are still trying to determine who was at fault, but say drugs or alcohol do not appear to be a factor in the crash.
fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges 52 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95 26 min ago
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera 43 min ago
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Fire Safety