Millerton Lake sees smaller Memorial Day crowds
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After two days of long lines at the entrance to the Millerton Lake recreation area, Memorial Day was an entirely different picture.
Millerton Lake is just a short drive away - about 15 miles north of downtown.
Park rangers told Action News they believe cloud cover, windy conditions and choppy water were responsible for smaller-than-expected crowds at the lake on Memorial Day.
However, many who did make it to the lake said they were glad they were able to make it and enjoyed the holiday.
holiday, local, linda mumma
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88