Millerton Lake sees smaller Memorial Day crowds
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After two days of long lines at the entrance to the Millerton Lake recreation area, Memorial Day was an entirely different picture.
Millerton Lake is just a short drive away - about 15 miles north of downtown.
Park rangers told Action News they believe cloud cover, windy conditions and choppy water were responsible for smaller-than-expected crowds at the lake on Memorial Day.
However, many who did make it to the lake said they were glad they were able to make it and enjoyed the holiday.
holiday, local, linda mumma
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2 57 min ago
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- Accuweather Forecast
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos