6-year-old rescued after Fresno Co crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A six-year-old San Joaquin boy is in the hospital after being stuck in a car overnight.
It happened when the driver he was with died in a crash.
The 6-year-old is listed in fair condition at CRMC where he's been since this morning when he was rescued from a car out in western Fresno County.
The crash happened near San Benito Road just south of Panoche Road.
The Highway Patrol says the crash actually happened Sunday night sometime in the early evening or early night hours.
But as you can see from the video that canal is hard to see from the road which is probably why no one reported the accident until Monday morning.
Officers say for some reason the driver of a Ford Mustang lost control. The car then veered off the road, flipped over and landed on its wheels inside the dry canal.
Officers say the 51-year-old driver died at the scene but the 6 year old child was buckled in the front seat and had been there throughout the night.
We're told the child has some moderate injuries but again he's listed in fair condition here at CRMC.
fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- Reward raised to $100K to find Ryan Rodriquez 53 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos