6-year-old rescued after Fresno Co crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A six-year-old San Joaquin boy is in the hospital after being stuck in a car overnight.
It happened when the driver he was with died in a crash.
The 6-year-old is listed in fair condition at CRMC where he's been since this morning when he was rescued from a car out in western Fresno County.
The crash happened near San Benito Road just south of Panoche Road.
The Highway Patrol says the crash actually happened Sunday night sometime in the early evening or early night hours.
But as you can see from the video that canal is hard to see from the road which is probably why no one reported the accident until Monday morning.
Officers say for some reason the driver of a Ford Mustang lost control. The car then veered off the road, flipped over and landed on its wheels inside the dry canal.
Officers say the 51-year-old driver died at the scene but the 6 year old child was buckled in the front seat and had been there throughout the night.
We're told the child has some moderate injuries but again he's listed in fair condition here at CRMC.
fresno county, local, stephanie stone
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos