Fresno man arrested on child porn charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Sheriff's Office announced the arrest of 33-year-old Richard Cervantes in connection with an internet child pornography investigation.
The Sheriff's office said the arrest made during on ongoing investigation that is targeting suspects who use file sharing programs to download and distribute child pornography. They said Cervantes was identified as a possible suspect.
Wednesday morning, detectives searched Cervantes' home in East Central Fresno. Detectives said they seized several computers with over 125 videos of children being sexually abused.
Investigators said Cervantes was not home at the time of the search, but was later taken into custody at his job. He was booked into the Fresno County Jail on charges of possessing and distributing child pornography.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, sex crimes, local
- South Africa's president says Nelson Mandela has died 6 min ago
- 3 boys missing in Dinuba
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi 20 min ago
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm