Two Fresno teenagers shot in a drive-by shooting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police say two teenagers are recovering after being shot near C and Inyo Streets in Downtown Fresno.
Witnesses told investigators a brown van pulled up to the 15 and 16-year-old boys and began shooting. This happened just outside the victims' home.
The teenagers dropped the bicycles they were riding and ran for cover, but they were struck by the spray of bullets.
When police arrived the two boys were in the backyard of their home, where family members were trying to stop the gunshot wounds from bleeding.
"The investigation shows it appears to possibly be gang related," said Lt. Jose Garza. "Of course it's the beginning of the investigation so our detectives are working on it right to determine the exact motive of the shooting and whose responsible for the shooting."
Investigators say they're not sure of the make or model of the shooter's van. All they will say right now is the van is brown.
As they collect evidence at the scene of the shooting, detectives are also looking over police camera footage in the area to see if they can spot the van to get a better description.
crimetracker, shooting, fresno downtown, fresno, fresno county, local, rick montanez
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos