Valley soldier holds his daughter for the first time
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley soldier is back home from Afghanistan Saturday, and making up for lost time with his newly expanded family.
Specialist Esteban Placencia received a hero's welcome at the Fresno airport Saturday afternoon. He hugged his young son before holding his baby daughter for the first time.
Placencia served nearly six months overseas. He credits his wife and other family members for their unwavering support during his first deployment.
The Clovis High grad is scheduled to be home for 20 days before being stationed in Colorado.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, clovis, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 4 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs 39 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident