Valley soldier holds his daughter for the first time
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley soldier is back home from Afghanistan Saturday, and making up for lost time with his newly expanded family.
Specialist Esteban Placencia received a hero's welcome at the Fresno airport Saturday afternoon. He hugged his young son before holding his baby daughter for the first time.
Placencia served nearly six months overseas. He credits his wife and other family members for their unwavering support during his first deployment.
The Clovis High grad is scheduled to be home for 20 days before being stationed in Colorado.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, clovis, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced 1 min ago
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- HWY 41 opens near Tenaya Lodge after closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
8 min ago