Valley soldier holds his daughter for the first time
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Valley soldier is back home from Afghanistan Saturday, and making up for lost time with his newly expanded family.
Specialist Esteban Placencia received a hero's welcome at the Fresno airport Saturday afternoon. He hugged his young son before holding his baby daughter for the first time.
Placencia served nearly six months overseas. He credits his wife and other family members for their unwavering support during his first deployment.
The Clovis High grad is scheduled to be home for 20 days before being stationed in Colorado.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, clovis, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe