Reedley family holds fundraiser after deadly crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Relatives of a Reedley mother and daughter killed in a hit and run crash are now asking for the public's help.
Diana Jauregui, 32, and her 5-year-old daughter Jocelyn died last week when a driver crashed into their car on Frankwood and Central in Fresno County.
CHP investigators are still looking for the suspect Miguel Martinez, but the family is not losing hope. They are still coping with this tragic loss while trying to raise money for funeral costs.
Friends and family of Diana Jauregui braved the high temperatures on Saturday to hold three car washes throughout Reedley. "Money is coming in people are really reaching deep, and I think the compassion is really coming through," said Diana Sanchez-Cortez, the victim's friend.
The money raised will go to funeral costs to help bury Diana and her 5-year-old daughter Jocelyn.
It was a week ago when Diana was driving near Frankwood and Central in Fresno County. She was returning from a pool party with her father and two daughters just after 7 p.m. Saturday night when, the CHP says, a driver in a Ford pickup truck rear ended their car -- killing Diana and Jocelyn on impact.
Arturo Jauregui survived the crash, but says he's dead inside over what happened. "We are suffering tremendously for the loss of my daughter and granddaughter, all because of one man."
The CHP is looking for the suspect, Miguel Martinez. Investigators say the truck left behind is registered to Martinez, but they have yet to make contact with him.
The family is pleading for justice. "If you're out there. Just come forward because that will probably give us relief that he's caught," said Martinez.
The priority for this family now is to raise 3-year-old Jackelyn who lost her mother and big sister.
The funeral is scheduled for Tuesday morning, but the family is still planning to hold another car-wash Sunday in Reedley.
Diana and Jocelyn Jauregui Carwash fundraiser for funeral costs
Sunday, June 2nd from 9am to 4pm at the Tri County lot on Dinuba and S. East Avenue in Reedley.
reedley, fresno county, dui, fundraiser, hit and run, local, carlos saucedo
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique