Fatal Fresno County motorcycle crash kills 1, injures 2
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One man is dead and two others are in the hospital after the motorcycles they were riding collided with the back of a car.
The crash happened on James and Central near Tranquility in Fresno County.
Investigators say the motorcyclists may have been on a bike run that began in Kerman.
We're told that bike run was for the Kerman Kiwanis Club. Members declined to go into detail with us about the event. But they say this is an annual club fundraiser.
The bike run went from Kerman to Tranquility and back to Kerman.
Investigators and Kiwanis Club members are still trying to figure out whether the riders in the crash were actually part of the run.
The CHP says the deadly crash involved two motorcycles. On one bike, the driver who died in the wreck. The highway patrol says that person is a man in his 70's. Authorities say he had a female passenger on his bike. She was flown to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno with unknown injuries.
The second motorcycle involved only had one person on it, the female driver. Investigators say she was also taken to the hospital with unknown injuries.
Sgt. Joseph Bianchi said, "The part that's evident is the motorcycles ran into the back of the car, but how it actually unfolded, we're still investigating."
Sgt Bianchi says the Ford Taurus involved in the crash was stopped and waiting to turn left when the two bikes collided into it. Two people were in that car - and were not seriously injured.
Investigators have not arrested or cited anyone, since they're still not sure exactly what caused the deadly crash. And they have not yet said whether speed or alcohol played a role. The people involved have not been identified.
fresno county, tranquility, local, rick montanez
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified