Officer-involved shooting investigation in Parlier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after an officer-involved shooting in Parlier.
It happened around 10:30 Sunday morning, after police got a call of a man armed with a gun.
Officers and Fresno County sheriff's deputies tried pulling over 30-year-old Stanley Galaves on Academy and Young.
But they say he refused to get out of the car. Investigators tell us one of the officers thought Galaves was reaching for a weapon, so he fired at the suspect.
Parlier Police Chief David Cerda said, "At one point it's believed the subject was reaching for a firearm, which a firearm was located, a rifle in the back seat of the vehicle. And the vehicle was stolen out of the county of Fresno."
Police say Galaves is a gang member and has a violent criminal past. Officers arrested him a block from where the shooting took place.
officer involved shooting, crimetracker, parlier, fresno county, local
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children 43 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 46 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital 40 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- 7 health apps you need to know about
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
13 min ago