Officer-involved shooting investigation in Parlier
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An investigation is underway after an officer-involved shooting in Parlier.
It happened around 10:30 Sunday morning, after police got a call of a man armed with a gun.
Officers and Fresno County sheriff's deputies tried pulling over 30-year-old Stanley Galaves on Academy and Young.
But they say he refused to get out of the car. Investigators tell us one of the officers thought Galaves was reaching for a weapon, so he fired at the suspect.
Parlier Police Chief David Cerda said, "At one point it's believed the subject was reaching for a firearm, which a firearm was located, a rifle in the back seat of the vehicle. And the vehicle was stolen out of the county of Fresno."
Police say Galaves is a gang member and has a violent criminal past. Officers arrested him a block from where the shooting took place.
officer involved shooting, crimetracker, parlier, fresno county, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos