Fresno Co deputies make pot bust after chase
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Reports of shots fired sent Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies on a high speed chase and led to the bust of a marijuana grow.
It all happened in the Fresno County town of Dunlap.
Deputies got a call about shots fired in the area just after 5:30 Tuesday evening, and that's what they tell me triggered off a chase that uncovered a marijuana operation.
Investigators say they found tools in the vehicle used to make a very potent form of marijuana.
Investigators say the pickup truck carried four suspects who are known gang members and one is even on parole for manslaughter.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office tailed the truck and repeatedly asked the suspects to pull over.When they refused, a helicopter was called in. Sometime during that chase the suspects threw two guns out of their car which included a shotgun.
Deputies were eventually able to stop the truck and all four turned themselves in.
Investigators say they're seeing a dangerous trend of people creating this more potent form of marijuana.
"Once the vehicle was stopped we could see in the bed of the pick up they had a mobile lab for processing concentrated marijuana which is the same charge as a meth lab.There has been several explosions, several fires and people injured because of the volatility of those chemicals," Lt. Rick Ko of the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said.
Deputies say all four suspects are known gang members and one person even is on parole for manslaughter.
The sheriff's office has not released their names at this time. The suspects all range in age from their early 20s to about 30.
Deputies are now working to look for the actual marijuana grow they believe the suspects were using.
dunlap, fresno county, marijuana, local, mariana jacob
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 2 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash 15 min ago
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- News conference on missing Malaysia jet
2 min ago