2 killed in Highway 99 accident in Tulare
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is still working to determine what led up to a crash that killed two people on Highway 99 in the South Valley this morning.
It happened around 4:30 a.m. Wednesday near the Tulare outlet mall. Officials say it appears a motorcycle rider hit a person walking in the roadway. Both the rider and person walking were killed. Their names have not been released.
The crash closed the road for more than two hours and caused a back up for the morning commute.
tulare, tulare county, accident, local
- One person killed in Fresno County crash 41 min ago
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates