Hero saves 3-year-old boy from Fresno canal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man who rescued a little boy from an irrigation canal on Thursday has come forward.
Miguel Pedraza, 22, left the scene of a near-drowning accident near Shaw and Valentine. He says he became too emotional after pulling three-year-old Sammy Lozano from the water.
The little boy fell in while walking along the canal bank with his aunt and two dogs. The aunt did not know how to swim, but screamed frantically for help. That's when Miguel, who was walking nearby, jumped over a fence and into the water to pull the boy out.
"I seen that he wasn't breathing, and his whole face blue and purple, his eyes was open, and he looked stiffed. So I laid him down, and I started pushing on his chest," said Pedraza.
Miguel successfully gave the little boy CPR to revive him, but left once he knew the boy was going to be okay.
When Miguel got home, he said he gave his son a big hug.
Miguel now wants to meet the family but doesn't think he's a hero.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, hero, local
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno 30 min ago
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times