I Believe in Downtown Fresno holds meeting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Organizers of an effort to revitalize Downtown Fresno met with local residents to share ideas about future growth today.
The Business Council and Chamber of Commerce are teaming up with "Fresno Citizens for a Strong Economy" for a new campaign. At the "I Believe in Downtown Fresno" gathering, organizers shared with residents ways they could spread the message with others.
The plan is to open the Fulton Mall to vehicular traffic, which in other cities has been successful. "Doing that in Fresno we expect would have the same result in Fresno. We would unleash its economic potential," said Jake Soberal, Fresno Citizens for a Strong Economy
The "I Believe in Downtown Fresno" campaign is encouraging community members to sign a nine point pledge of support.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos