I Believe in Downtown Fresno holds meeting
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Organizers of an effort to revitalize Downtown Fresno met with local residents to share ideas about future growth today.
The Business Council and Chamber of Commerce are teaming up with "Fresno Citizens for a Strong Economy" for a new campaign. At the "I Believe in Downtown Fresno" gathering, organizers shared with residents ways they could spread the message with others.
The plan is to open the Fulton Mall to vehicular traffic, which in other cities has been successful. "Doing that in Fresno we expect would have the same result in Fresno. We would unleash its economic potential," said Jake Soberal, Fresno Citizens for a Strong Economy
The "I Believe in Downtown Fresno" campaign is encouraging community members to sign a nine point pledge of support.
fresno, fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 25 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
24 min ago