Man drowns in San Joaquin River east of Mendota
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Rescuers find a missing man's body in the San Joaquin River.
Friends told Action News the 28-year-old was wading along the banks of the river near Mendota when he slipped under the water. Friends who were with the victim said he doesn't know how to swim.
Fresno County Cal Fire and Sheriff's Office Dive Team spent several hours in the water searching for him. Helicopters are also helping in the quarter mile search. The man's body was found around 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
fresno county, madera county, mendota, san joaquin river, missing person, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos