Man drowns in San Joaquin River east of Mendota
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Rescuers find a missing man's body in the San Joaquin River.
Friends told Action News the 28-year-old was wading along the banks of the river near Mendota when he slipped under the water. Friends who were with the victim said he doesn't know how to swim.
Fresno County Cal Fire and Sheriff's Office Dive Team spent several hours in the water searching for him. Helicopters are also helping in the quarter mile search. The man's body was found around 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
fresno county, madera county, mendota, san joaquin river, missing person, local
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years