Man drowns in San Joaquin River east of Mendota
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Rescuers find a missing man's body in the San Joaquin River.
Friends told Action News the 28-year-old was wading along the banks of the river near Mendota when he slipped under the water. Friends who were with the victim said he doesn't know how to swim.
Fresno County Cal Fire and Sheriff's Office Dive Team spent several hours in the water searching for him. Helicopters are also helping in the quarter mile search. The man's body was found around 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
fresno county, madera county, mendota, san joaquin river, missing person, local
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 10 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts