Man drowns in San Joaquin River east of Mendota
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Rescuers find a missing man's body in the San Joaquin River.
Friends told Action News the 28-year-old was wading along the banks of the river near Mendota when he slipped under the water. Friends who were with the victim said he doesn't know how to swim.
Fresno County Cal Fire and Sheriff's Office Dive Team spent several hours in the water searching for him. Helicopters are also helping in the quarter mile search. The man's body was found around 7:30 p.m. Sunday.
fresno county, madera county, mendota, san joaquin river, missing person, local
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach