Shepherd Avenue to close for underpass construction
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A busy road in Northeast Fresno will be closed to drivers starting Monday morning. The city is closing Shepherd Avenue between Perrin and Millbrook at 9 a.m.
Detours will be in place in both directions. Eastbound Shepherd traffic should turn left onto Perrin to Champlain, then turn right on Champlain to return to Shepherd. Westbound Shepherd traffic should turn right on Champlain, then turn left on Perrin to return to Shepherd.
The section will be closed 24 hours a day until August 27. Officials are closing the roadway to build an underpass for the Sugar Pine Trail. That will allow cars to drive along Shepherd without having to stop at the crossing.
Federal funds will pay for the nearly $1.5 million project.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northeast, traffic, local
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney 7 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote 57 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire 35 min ago
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Accuweather Forecast
42 min ago
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
54 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
38 min ago