Fresno father looks for answers in daughter's death
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno father wants to know how his daughter died and why the discovery was made just after her husband's body was found in Southern California.
Fresno police are calling Christina Flores' death suspicious. Family members say the mother of three was smart, hardworking and had a bright future. But after she got married in April things changed.
Antonio Lopez knew something was wrong soon after his daughter got married. Her father had a message for any parent who thinks their child may be in an abusive relationship, "Don't assume anything. If you feel like something is wrong, you be there," said Lopez.
Family members don't believe her husband Santiago Flores hit her. But, they say he was verbally and mentally abusive.
On Monday morning, Montclair police went to a possible suicide and found Santiago's body. That discovery led local detectives to an apartment where they found Christina, dead.
Action News has learned Santiago was a gang member who served prison time for robbery and burglary. "Her background doesn't match his background. We've talked to family, we've talked to neighbors," said Lt. Mark Salazar. Investigators found no signs of trauma during an autopsy. They are now hoping to find out how she died through a toxicology test.
Use the information below, if you'd like to help Christina's family with funeral expenses.
Christina Flores Memorial Fund
Golden 1 Credit Union
fresno, fresno northeast, fresno county, fresno police department, local, mariana jacob
- Video: Valentine closed near Ashlan due to police investigation 41 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Accuweather Forecast
55 min ago