Fire crews battled multiple brush fires in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Valley firefighters spend Thursday battling multiple brush fires in East Fresno County that burned 108 acres.
Officials with Fresno County Fire battled three vegetation fires. The first one started just before noon - which was quickly put out. But a separate fire ignited nearby on Highland and Clinton and spread fast.
Several structures were damaged or destroyed - including a mobile home and 2 RV's. Cal Fire issued a one mile evacuation around homes in the fire's path.
Stephanie Francis tried saving what she could - including a litter of newborn puppies. She said, "We saw flames right outside our window and nobody even told us to evacuate so we grabbed all of our animals and everything and left."
It took around 100 firefighters from various Valley agencies to combat the flames. Residents were allowed back into their homes once the fires were fully contained.
fire, widlfire, brush fire, fresno county, fresno, local, carlos saucedo
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Educators inspiring girls to pursue STEM jobs 12 min ago
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos