Fresno County home destroyed in early morning fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno County home is being called a total loss after a fire tore through it Friday morning.
Fresno firefighters received the call around 6:30 a.m. Friday to the home on Shields near Bryan. The homeowner told crews he had a fire on a stove last night that he put out himself. It appears that fire reignited sometime early this morning.
When firefighters arrived, there was nothing they could do to save the home.
It isn't known if there were working smoke detectors in the home. The homeowner did get out safely and no other injuries were reported.
fresno county, fresno, fresno west central, fire, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer 22 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Accuweather Forecast
29 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos