Fresno Police look for hit and run suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 17-year old is in critical condition after he was hit on his bike.
Fresno Police said the teen was riding with a friend near Barton & Balch in Southeast Fresno when a blue SUV hit the rider from behind and ran him over.
The driver quickly sped away from the scene and has not been found. But investigators are confident they'll be able to find the suspect.
"There was witnesses here too, so we got a pretty good description of the vehicle and the suspect. The other victim was not struck fortunately," said Lt. Joe Gomez, Fresno Police Department.
Police are looking for a dark blue SUV -- possibly a Chevy Avalanche. The driver had a female passenger inside at the time.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, hit and run, accident, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals