Fresno Police look for hit and run suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 17-year old is in critical condition after he was hit on his bike.
Fresno Police said the teen was riding with a friend near Barton & Balch in Southeast Fresno when a blue SUV hit the rider from behind and ran him over.
The driver quickly sped away from the scene and has not been found. But investigators are confident they'll be able to find the suspect.
"There was witnesses here too, so we got a pretty good description of the vehicle and the suspect. The other victim was not struck fortunately," said Lt. Joe Gomez, Fresno Police Department.
Police are looking for a dark blue SUV -- possibly a Chevy Avalanche. The driver had a female passenger inside at the time.
fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, hit and run, accident, local
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76