Train hits flatbed truck in Hanford
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley road is back open after a crash involving a train and a truck shut it down for several hours.
The accident happened near Hanford around 6:30 a.m. Saturday. The CHP said the driver of a flat bed truck tried to go around the crossing arms at Excelsior Avenue between 11th and 12th when it was hit by the train. The impact caused a pool plaster mix to spill into the roadway.
Crews shut down the intersection for about seven hours to clean up the mess and make repairs. The truck driver suffered minor injuries.
hanford, kings county, accident, local
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children 17 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 20 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital 14 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- 7 health apps you need to know about