Train hits flatbed truck in Hanford
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley road is back open after a crash involving a train and a truck shut it down for several hours.
The accident happened near Hanford around 6:30 a.m. Saturday. The CHP said the driver of a flat bed truck tried to go around the crossing arms at Excelsior Avenue between 11th and 12th when it was hit by the train. The impact caused a pool plaster mix to spill into the roadway.
Crews shut down the intersection for about seven hours to clean up the mess and make repairs. The truck driver suffered minor injuries.
hanford, kings county, accident, local
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire 11 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home