Crews save apartment complex from fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Grass fire threatened several apartments Saturday near the Fresno airport.
The flames started just before noon at the old Palm Lakes Golf Course at Peach and Dakota in East Central Fresno. The smoke could be seen from several miles away.
The golf course is abandoned, and firefighters managed to keep the blaze from spreading to two nearby apartment complexes.
Another grass fire threatened these same buildings last May. There's no word yet on the cause.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, fire, widlfire, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels