Crews save apartment complex from fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Grass fire threatened several apartments Saturday near the Fresno airport.
The flames started just before noon at the old Palm Lakes Golf Course at Peach and Dakota in East Central Fresno. The smoke could be seen from several miles away.
The golf course is abandoned, and firefighters managed to keep the blaze from spreading to two nearby apartment complexes.
Another grass fire threatened these same buildings last May. There's no word yet on the cause.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, fire, widlfire, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos