Crews save apartment complex from fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Grass fire threatened several apartments Saturday near the Fresno airport.
The flames started just before noon at the old Palm Lakes Golf Course at Peach and Dakota in East Central Fresno. The smoke could be seen from several miles away.
The golf course is abandoned, and firefighters managed to keep the blaze from spreading to two nearby apartment complexes.
Another grass fire threatened these same buildings last May. There's no word yet on the cause.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, fire, widlfire, local
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76