Two jump from 2nd floor to escape Fresno apartment fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Witnesses say two people jumped from a second story apartment to escape a fire.
The fire happened at an apartment building near Olive and Eighth in Central Fresno around 1 a.m. Saturday morning.
Firefighters say they found a marijuana grow in the unit where the flames started, so police are now investigating. Two juveniles who jumped out of the second story window were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
All of the apartment units had to be shut down after the fire leaving 40 people without a place to live.
Investigators are still working to figure out what sparked the fire.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety