Two jump from 2nd floor to escape Fresno apartment fire
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Witnesses say two people jumped from a second story apartment to escape a fire.
The fire happened at an apartment building near Olive and Eighth in Central Fresno around 1 a.m. Saturday morning.
Firefighters say they found a marijuana grow in the unit where the flames started, so police are now investigating. Two juveniles who jumped out of the second story window were taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
All of the apartment units had to be shut down after the fire leaving 40 people without a place to live.
Investigators are still working to figure out what sparked the fire.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, fire, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe