Pets rescued in house fire on Strother Avenue
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno family is displaced tonight because of a house fire, but crews were able to rescue the family's two tiny pets.
Firefighters rushed to this home on Strother near Plumas around 1:30 p.m.They saw smoke and flames coming from the back bedroom and attic.
Crews quickly knocked down the fire, but the smoke caused significant damage. One woman living there was checked for smoke inhalation.
The pets and their owners will have to stay somewhere else tonight because of the damage and downed powerlines.There's no word yet on what caused this fire.
fresno, fresno southwest, fire, local
- SW Fresno crash leaves multiple people injured 12 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal