Local

Pets rescued in house fire on Strother Avenue

Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Fresno family is displaced tonight because of a house fire, but crews were able to rescue the family's two tiny pets.

Firefighters rushed to this home on Strother near Plumas around 1:30 p.m.They saw smoke and flames coming from the back bedroom and attic.

Crews quickly knocked down the fire, but the smoke caused significant damage. One woman living there was checked for smoke inhalation.

The pets and their owners will have to stay somewhere else tonight because of the damage and downed powerlines.There's no word yet on what caused this fire.

(Copyright ©2014 KFSN-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Get more Local »


Tags:
fresno, fresno southwest, fire, local
blog comments powered by Disqus
Advertisement