Chop shop and pot grow busted in Tulare County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In the South Valley authorities found a car full of marijuana plants and a chop shop all in one place.
The case started when Tulare County Sheriff's deputies saw a suspicious vehicle parked at a vacant home near Avenue 144 and Road 208 Saturday afternoon.
They said a woman was sitting in the car with 29 marijuana plants.Deputies arrested Vanessa Salais and then detained Luke Hulstine as he walked from the back of the property.
Investigators later discovered the suspects' car was stolen. They also found a chop shop with another stolen vehicle behind the house.
Both suspects are now facing several charges.
porterville, tulare county, crimetracker, marijuana, drug bust, theft, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos