Zoo employees hold yard sale for conservation projects
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several employees from the Fresno Chaffee Zoo are raising money to help protect nature all around the world.
The Fresno Chapter of the American Association of Zoo Keepers held a yard sale at a home on Wishon near Gettsyburg.
The group is made up of local zoo keepers and other zoo staff members. They money they raised went toward conservation projects, such as research to save endangered animals
"We just want to make sure we can have animals and trees and all the basic stuff we grew up with that's really important to us," said Katie Delorenzo
The group raised about two thousand dollars yesterday and is still tallying the total for today. The members will vote to decide exactly which conservation project will receive the money from this weekend's yard sale.
chaffee zoo, fresno, fresno county, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals