Police search for shooter in Central Fresno homicide
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police are investigating a murder and they have an apartment on lockdown Saturday night.
Investigators found the victim shot to death in his truck at the Ashmark Arms apartment complex at Ashlan and Marks around 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Fresno Police have an apartment room on lockdown as a tactical team searches for the killer.
When investigators arrived on scene at 8:30 p.m., they found a man dead inside his red Toyota pickup truck. Police say the victim, described to be around 40-years-old, had several gunshot wounds to his upper body.
Just moments before the shooting investigators say the suspect was on foot chasing the victim from one end of the parking complex, to the other. The driver was trying to get away in his truck, but ended up being shot multiple times. He crashed into a dumpster and died.
Police are still looking for the shooter but believe he could still be somewhere inside the apartment complex.
"We have pretty good leads right now on the suspects. We have an apartment lockdown, actually that we're searching, and a vehicle involved that we have also in the complex. So we have pretty good leads on this case," said Lt. Joe Gomez, Fresno Police Department.
Police don't know the motive for the shooting, but aren't ruling out the possibility that it was gang related.
Police don't think the victim lived at the apartment complex, and they are asking witnesses to help.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, homicide, shooting, local, carlos saucedo
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices 24 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford 19 min ago
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
20 min ago
- Fresno State Bulldogs get out of practice...
37 min ago
- Online love connection leads to some...
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos