Firefighters save home north of Clovis
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Crews managed to save a home from a large fire in the Clovis area on Monday.
The blaze broke out around 6:30 Monday evening near Copper and Sunnyside Avenues. Firefighters said the wind was a significant issue and quickly pushed the fire to 25-acres.
One house was threatened for a short time before firefighters managed to get a line around the fire. Crews will remain on scene for several hours mopping up hotspots.
The fire is 100 percent contained.
fire, widlfire, fresno county, clovis, local
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns 55 min ago
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life" 56 min ago
- Action News talks with Mrs. California 12 min ago
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers 42 min ago
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show