Grass fire closes Highway 99 in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Highway 99 in Central Fresno has reopened following a grassfire.
The fire started around 10:30 p.m. Sunday night, along Highway 99 near Belmont. Firefighters say it started as a grassfire, then spread to some trees and two businesses.
Highway 99 was shutdown for more than an hour as crews fought the blaze. Fresno fire officials said because of the location, the fire was very difficult to get to.
Fire crews were able to save the businesses. There's no official word yet on a cause.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, widlfire, fire, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up 1 min ago
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Accuweather Forecast
14 min ago