Grass fire closes Highway 99 in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Highway 99 in Central Fresno has reopened following a grassfire.
The fire started around 10:30 p.m. Sunday night, along Highway 99 near Belmont. Firefighters say it started as a grassfire, then spread to some trees and two businesses.
Highway 99 was shutdown for more than an hour as crews fought the blaze. Fresno fire officials said because of the location, the fire was very difficult to get to.
Fire crews were able to save the businesses. There's no official word yet on a cause.
fresno, fresno central, fresno county, widlfire, fire, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house 41 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos