Pot grow busted in Madera County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An illegal marijuana grow worth up to $4 million has been shut down by the Madera County Sheriff's Department.
Investigators say more than 1,600 plants were ripped out of 39 acres of land near Avenue 11 west of Highway 41. Two people were arrested while they were tending to the crops. One of them is from San Diego, the other is from Fresno.
Their identities are not being released at this time.
madera county, madera, marijuana, drug bust, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos