Man accused of fatally stabbing ex's son faces judge
BAYTOWN, TX -- A man who police say attacked his ex-girlfriend and stabbed her 16-year-old son to death faced a judge.
Dene McCarter is charged with murder and aggravated assault. Investigators say he went to his ex's home in Baytown earlier this week and attacked her.
Her son, Prezton Edwards, stepped in to protect her. That's when police say McCarter stabbed the teen to death.
The judge set McCarter's bond at $50,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos