Man accused of fatally stabbing ex's son faces judge
BAYTOWN, TX -- A man who police say attacked his ex-girlfriend and stabbed her 16-year-old son to death faced a judge.
Dene McCarter is charged with murder and aggravated assault. Investigators say he went to his ex's home in Baytown earlier this week and attacked her.
Her son, Prezton Edwards, stepped in to protect her. That's when police say McCarter stabbed the teen to death.
The judge set McCarter's bond at $50,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- SW Fresno crash leaves multiple people injured 47 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt