Houston man accused of threatening US Senator Ted Cruz and family faces judge
HOUSTON -- The Houston man accused of threatening a U.S. senator went before a judge on Wednesday.
Nick Gates is charged with making a terrorist threat. The 37-year-old is accused of calling senator Ted Cruz's offices in Austin and San Antonio and threatening to kill Cruz if he did not get $3 million.
Gates told agents he has spent time in a mental hospital. He is now free on bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 42 min ago
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- World leaders, South Africans honor Nelson...
47 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos