Houston man accused of threatening US Senator Ted Cruz and family faces judge
HOUSTON -- The Houston man accused of threatening a U.S. senator went before a judge on Wednesday.
Nick Gates is charged with making a terrorist threat. The 37-year-old is accused of calling senator Ted Cruz's offices in Austin and San Antonio and threatening to kill Cruz if he did not get $3 million.
Gates told agents he has spent time in a mental hospital. He is now free on bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote 33 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire 11 min ago
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Accuweather Forecast
18 min ago
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
30 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
14 min ago