Suspect steals patrol car, leads deputies on chase
HOUSTON -- A woman is in custody after a chase last night that started in Brazoria County and ended in Ft. Bend.
According to the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office, Brazoria County deputies were called to a stabbing on Wednesday night. When a deputy arrived, they say Briana Miles, 21, reportedly pulled out a knife and took off in the deputy's vehicle.
Deputies gave chase and reportedly shot out the tires of the vehicle, but she kept going.
Investigators say Miles bailed out of the vehicle near Brumbelow and Beard, which is a rural area of Ft. Bend County, where she was taken into custody.
The stabbing victim, Richard Bowman, 53, was airlifted to a hospital. He'd been stabbed four or five times with a fishing knife. Deputies say the two were engaged in a lover's quarrel.
Miles has been charged with aggravated assault.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about