Suspect steals patrol car, leads deputies on chase
HOUSTON -- A woman is in custody after a chase last night that started in Brazoria County and ended in Ft. Bend.
According to the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office, Brazoria County deputies were called to a stabbing on Wednesday night. When a deputy arrived, they say Briana Miles, 21, reportedly pulled out a knife and took off in the deputy's vehicle.
Deputies gave chase and reportedly shot out the tires of the vehicle, but she kept going.
Investigators say Miles bailed out of the vehicle near Brumbelow and Beard, which is a rural area of Ft. Bend County, where she was taken into custody.
The stabbing victim, Richard Bowman, 53, was airlifted to a hospital. He'd been stabbed four or five times with a fishing knife. Deputies say the two were engaged in a lover's quarrel.
Miles has been charged with aggravated assault.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach 59 min ago
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses