Suspect steals patrol car, leads deputies on chase
HOUSTON -- A woman is in custody after a chase last night that started in Brazoria County and ended in Ft. Bend.
According to the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's Office, Brazoria County deputies were called to a stabbing on Wednesday night. When a deputy arrived, they say Briana Miles, 21, reportedly pulled out a knife and took off in the deputy's vehicle.
Deputies gave chase and reportedly shot out the tires of the vehicle, but she kept going.
Investigators say Miles bailed out of the vehicle near Brumbelow and Beard, which is a rural area of Ft. Bend County, where she was taken into custody.
The stabbing victim, Richard Bowman, 53, was airlifted to a hospital. He'd been stabbed four or five times with a fishing knife. Deputies say the two were engaged in a lover's quarrel.
Miles has been charged with aggravated assault.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Fresno State Bulldogs arrive in Las Vegas
10 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos