Woman charged with killing boyfriend in 1990
HOUSTON -- Police say a woman killed her live-in boyfriend and fled to Peru 23 years ago. But now she's back in Houston and facing charges.
It was just before 10am on February 23, 1990, when Gregorio Cardoza, 36, was found dead in his home in the 7100 block of Hillcroft. He had been shot in the head.
Police say their preliminary investigation identified his live-in girlfriend, Rosa San Miguel Aguilar, as the suspect in this case. Shortly after the murder, Aguilar fled to Peru.
On December 12, 2012, Aguilar was taken into custody in Peru by members of the United States Marshal's Office. Aguilar was returned to Houston on Wednesday, June 19, and admitted to HPD homicide investigators her role in Cardoza's death.
Aguilar, 63, has been charged with murder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 30 min ago
- Man shot in the chest in Parlier; 1 person detained 26 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse 50 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Man shot in the chest in Parlier; 1 person...
26 min ago