Woman charged with killing boyfriend in 1990
HOUSTON -- Police say a woman killed her live-in boyfriend and fled to Peru 23 years ago. But now she's back in Houston and facing charges.
It was just before 10am on February 23, 1990, when Gregorio Cardoza, 36, was found dead in his home in the 7100 block of Hillcroft. He had been shot in the head.
Police say their preliminary investigation identified his live-in girlfriend, Rosa San Miguel Aguilar, as the suspect in this case. Shortly after the murder, Aguilar fled to Peru.
On December 12, 2012, Aguilar was taken into custody in Peru by members of the United States Marshal's Office. Aguilar was returned to Houston on Wednesday, June 19, and admitted to HPD homicide investigators her role in Cardoza's death.
Aguilar, 63, has been charged with murder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety