United Dreamliner en route to Houston faces mid-air issues
HOUSTON -- A Boeing 787 Dreamliner plane headed to Houston was diverted to New Jersey have experiencing problems mid air.
United Airlines officials say Flight 125 from London-Heathrow to Houston landed without incident around 2:15pm in Newark after the pilot received a low oil indication.
United says it is working to accommodate affected passengers. A passenger on that plane tells Eyewitness News they hope to return to Houston sometime later this afternoon.
On Tuesday, another United Dreamliner en route to Tokyo from also was forced to make an emergency landing in Seattle because of an oil filter problem.
However, United says the two incidents are unrelated.
The Boeing 787 planes were given the OK to fly again last month after the Federal Aviation Agency grounded all the planes for about six months as it investigated issues with their ion batteries.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 34 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera 9 min ago
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos