Son arrested in Webster flower shop owner's murder
WEBSTER, TX -- Detectives have arrested the son of a Webster flower shop owner in connection to her murder.
Police found Brenda Dickey, 68, shot in the head after they responded to a robbery call at her flower shop in the 200 block of East NASA Parkway Saturday evening. She was transported Memorial Hermann Hospital but didn't make it.
Webster police now say her son, Mark Dickey, was the person who pulled the trigger. The 44-year-old was arrested Thursday and booked into the Webster jail, where he is being held on a murder charge until he has his bond hearing.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation